MIND'S EYE - A COLORADO FEATURE FILM
FUNDRAISER AT THE BOEDECKER THEATER
NOVEMBER 24, Screenings at 4:30pm and 7pm
A BENEFIT for Salina, CO flood relief and to restore The Little Church in the Pines
MIND'S EYE, a mindbending sci fi thriller shot in Boulder will be screening at the Boedecker Theater at the Dairy Center in Boulder for two screenings only on November 24th.
All proceeds for the fundraiser will be donated to aid in restoring The Little Church in the Pines, which was used as a key location in the film and was almost washed away in the recent Boulder floods.
The film stars Dean Cain, Malcolm Mcdowell, Natalie Distler, and Izzie Steele. The film is produced by Boulder local Meryem Ersoz and directed by Mark Steven Grove.
The story follows the strange and unpredictable journey of Mattie Carver, a young high-school musician, through the looking-glass world of the mind's eye. Joined by her science teacher, the school psychologist, two mysterious men in black, and her closest friends, Mattie must find the truth in a constantly morphing reality before it slips away from her forever.
The trailer for the film is available online: https://vimeo.com/78017877
A key scene in the film was also shot at the Boedecker Theater where the film will be screening, which should add to the mind-bending viewing experience of the film. There will be two Sunday screenings, one at 4:30 pm and one at 7 pm.
This will be the only local public screening of the full film before it enters into its theatrical distribution deal with Bosch Media Corporation. The theatrical deal was signed in November, with the release slated for spring.
Tickets can be purchased through the Boedecker box office: https://thedairycenterforthearts.secure.force.com/ticket#details_a0Si0000001VsQ5EAK
8 FUN FACTS ABOUT THE FILM
• Cameo by Banjo Billy and his magic bus. No really, it's a magic bus.
• Features the Fairview High School Chamber Orchestra. Key orchestral music was composed by Fairview student Kevin Sun when he was only 15 years old.
• Soundtrack is 98% local Colorado artists
• Most Boulder-centric film ever. Over 24 separate locations in the film. Including Centennial Trailhead, the former Pretty Good Grocery, Uni Hill, Beach Park, Viele Lake, Sunrise Amphitheater, Fairview Hight School, Old Main Chapel, Fisk Planetarium, the Boe, Table Mesa Village, my neighbor's pool, and more.
• Appearances by Monte Markham (Baywatch) and Aaron Perilo (True Blood)
• At the American Film Market in November 2013, the film was signed to a theatrical distribution deal.
• The footage from Sunrise Amphitheater was borrowed from a deleted scene. All that hard work for 10 seconds of footage, boo.
• Retired Fairview orchestra conductor Brett Wallace consulted with Malcolm Mcdowell on the film, conducting from behind the camera while Malcolm mimicked him in front of the camera.